Home Forums Updates 04 March 22 Maria

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bmovievillain
    Keymaster

I have posted another picture in Maria’s gallery and this one is different from what you normally see here. If you are not familiar with Maria’s Deviant Art gallery, then this will be new to you. I decided to do this picture because I wanted everybody to know that Maria is not just a digital damsel. She is a living breathing person who was only trying to live her life, with hopes and dreams, just like all of us. She now faces an uncertain future and certain real horror, by no fault of her own. I just wanted to remind all of us that this war is not just some story on the news. For all of us here, this war is personal. My thoughts go with Maria, and I feel pain for what she must face. I’ve seen war in person guys, but I’ve never even dreamed I would have to do it on my own doorstep, as Maria has. Please keep your thoughts with her and know that what she has volunteered to fight for is not just her country, in reality it is for all of us. The Ukrainians are most likely the only thing that stands between us and World War 3. Keep Maria in your thoughts and hope for peace.

MadMax
    Participant

thank you so much for these inspiring words! after hearing from her sporadically for the first few days, i have not heard from her for a week now; that includes seeing that she has not read my DA Notes to her (which was our most common form of communication. i realize there are many possible reasons for this and i chose to believe it’s not over. please send your thoughts and prayers, plus any actual aid you can spare!

MadMax
    Participant

GREAT NEWS! Maria has been able to get away from her home city and the Russian attack! The downside is that she has lost her place and now she and family are in a one bedroom place, and no one can be sure where the fighting will go next. But it’s a huge relief she is able to communicate again!

MadMax
    Participant

and for an inside joke, at some point for her peril can you sink her waist deep in a quicksand swamp?

Irishlad3289
    Participant

That is great news that she and family are ok. Terrible news that she has been uprooted and forced to flee this senseless invasion. Praying for all involved.

BTW Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all!

Thanks for the update Max

Bmovievillain
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, Max! I know she was not in the best place to be when this war started so I hope to hell she got entirely out of that area. I’m getting very good information about the war, in fact far more than I ever realized was possible and some of it close to real time. As a consequence, I do have a good idea of where the fighting is going. I’ve been pretty busy these days turning out articles for people who are reporting on the war. I guess having called this situation correctly has kind of boosted business for me since word got around. Tell Maria if she needs any info to just email me and I can provide somethings that might be of use. The news is not reporting a lot of stuff and I don’t even think most people realize how much is being left unsaid. That would also be a good two-way street for me, because I could certainly use perspectives and info directly from the ground. I have some already, in multiple countries in Eastern Europe, but every little bit helps. Glad to hear she ok! I hope it stays that way for her, and the rest of us too. Things are looking better than they were a month ago, but we are not out of the danger zone yet.

MadMax
    Participant

i passed along your offer, thanks for all your help!
    and i had missed the Maria Then and Now image in her section, that was clever!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top